Friday, August 13, 2004

What is an indomitable Morman robot?

It has been my life-long dream to be a contestant on a game show. I guess it all began with the first time I saw Press Your Luck. What a wonderfully ingenious concept for a game show. Who would not want to get the chance to go toe-to-toe with those zany whammies and their schemes to steal your money? NO WHAMMIES, STOP!!!

Then most of my formative years were spent trying to find original way to watch the fantastic games and prizes on the inconveniently time-slotted Price is Right. The allure of Bob Barker and his beauties was so strong that I would fake illness or purposely “miss” the school bus just so that I might be able to live vicariously through those who had got the chance to come on down. Sadly, ever since the passing of Rod Roddy, things just haven’t been the same.

Today my favorite game show is Jeopardy. And since this seemingly unstoppable run of Super Genius Ken Jennings, so many others would agree. (Personally, I think Ken is a robot constructed by the LDS as a moneymaking device. Its not that he is too smart, he just handles that buzzer with such precision that no one else even gets a chance. Only robots have that kind of accuracy, thus my theory.)

Through the years the game has changed, but the dream remains. Well, it seems that I might get my chance. Yesterday I received an email inviting me to come in for an interview with the folks at Jeopardy Contestant Search. In no way is this a guarantee to be a contestant, but it does bring me one step closer. Needless to say, I am pretty excited. The one catch is that the interview is in San Francisco on September 11th. I hope to overcome this small obstacle because no way is a twelve-hour drive going to keep me from my dream!

Now if you will excuse me, I must get to studying for Jeopardy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel A. Shaver said...

Tell Alex he needs the moustache back. He looks so old now...

12:52 PM  
Blogger Kenton Finkbeiner said...

Ethan,

Are you sure you and I aren't secretly twins (Stacey's voice chimes in: "We're Twins!").

I mean really. Press Your Luck and The Price is Right are the best game shows ever invented. You and I are gonna have to go to The Price is Right soon. I was so sad when you couldnt make it for our 2002 trip to California! Let's do it...

(Gotta get in line at 4am)...

Kenton

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home