Monday, August 16, 2004

Matrimony Month Begins

Oh man, what a long weekend that was. We had a wedding to attend on Saturday for a good high school friend. Unfortunately for us, Dana did some poor planning, that is, if one considers only me and my situation. First, she decided that she should be married on Priest Lake in Idaho. That is about a six-hour drive from Seattle. Terribly inconvenient. To make matters worse, Dana selfishly planned a sunset wedding, effectively pushing the acceptable guest departure time past ten o’clock at night. Finally, and I am not sure how Dana could have known this but it is still her fault nonetheless, Stacey had to be back in Seattle the next morning for a prior engagement. Add them all up, you get a red-eye drive that places the wife and I back at our apartment at 5am Sunday morning. Ugh.

I think I have recuperated. Sunday truly was the day of rest for me. I lied around catching back up on all the sleep I lost during the drive. I played a little World of Warcraft Beta, only about an hour or so. (Disclaimer: Do not play this game. Its highly addictive nature and immersive storyline will cause you to lose large portions of your day.) Then Kevin and I ate some dinner at the Wing Dome. Pretty boring, but at least I am functional today.

Job update: No new news. The job I interviewed for three weeks ago is still open, and I am still waiting to hear more info. Unbelievable!

Jeopardy update: I have taken to spending a few minutes everyday drilling some practice answers. Here are a couple examples: I missed the first but got the second.

A: This advisor to Queen Elizabeth I is credited with the maxim that "bad money drives out good.”

A: This index consists of the average closing prices of 225 stocks on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

Questions will follow tomorrow…

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenton Finkbeiner said...

I believe the answer to number 2 is:

What is the NYKE? (pronounced "Nee-kay")

At least you get to go to Wing Dome, the closest one to me is 1688 miles (University District). I do miss the days when Andy Morton ate a pile of 5-alarm chicken legs and wings and then proceeded to touch his wang when he went to the bathroom...

...if youre a true UCUer you know what he did...

Let's just say it involved a bowl of milk...

Hahahahaha

Kenton

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home